Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

These are pretty similar to the "Crab" Stuffed Mushrooms I made a few months back, but they were so good, I figured they deserved their own post. On a recent trip to Sam's Club, I bought a 4-pack of huge portobello mushrooms, and last night I finally decided to make them. I love portobello mushrooms, mainly because of their versatility, but also because they are pretty hearty...sometimes I even cook them in the oven and use them in place of meat on a hamburger bun.

Like the last time I made stuffed mushrooms, I came up with my own recipe, adding things here and there until it tasted just right. These were delicious...both Mr. Z and myself loved them. I made all four, so we had leftovers for him to bring to lunch today, which he was very excited about. I would definitely make these again soon...as soon as I can get back down to Sam's Club to buy another pack of portobellos!


Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Original Recipe

Ingredients:
4 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. crab meat, chopped into small pieces
3/4 c. Italian blend shredded cheese
1 stalk of green onion, finely chopped
1/2 c. Italian style panko
4 tsp. shredded parmesan cheese

Place mushrooms stem-side down on a cookie sheet; broil for about 5 minutes. Take out a set aside. Turn oven to 400 degrees.

Mix cream cheese, crab meat, cheese, onions, and panko; stir until well mixed. Divide mixture into 4 equal parts. Turn mushrooms stem-side up, and fill each with 1/4 of the mixture. Press down with your hands to fill the whole top. Top each mushroom with 1 tsp. parmesan cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cheese gets brown and bubbly.

3 comments:

  1. You have really got to move closer to me so we can be kitchen buddies, lol! My husband loathes mushrooms...but maybe I'll make one for myself while he's out of town next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you use imitation crab meat ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy Recipe! So glad you created it! CJ

    ReplyDelete